Since July 2019, I’ve worked at Automattic after a WordPress product I co-founded was acquired. At Automattic I continue to build Jetpack CRM – the easy to use CRM for WordPress.
Before that, I worked a standard 9-5, quit and I started, built and scaled my online businesses up to the point of exit. Here I’ll teach you everything I learnt along the way and hopefully you’ll find something useful for your own journey.
What I’m working on
- 🤼 I work as a Growth Engineer on Jetpack Boost helping to engineer projects that impact growth. Before that I led a product team helping to build Jetpack CRM (the easiest to use CRM for WordPress) following our acquisition.
- 🎥 On my YouTube channel, I make videos about getting started, how to be more productive, how to write engaging content and much more.
- 📨 I write a newsletter, where I’ll share hints, tips and advice on how to start, build and grow your idea. I’d love to see you as part of my audience.
- ✍🏻 On this website blog, I write about my back story from start up to acquired, what books helped change my way of thinking and ways to grow your idea.
- 🤓 I’m a qualified Actuary – having spent 4 years studying Maths, and then 6 years professional qualifications (specialising in Pensions and Risk Management).
- 👪 I’m a Husband as well as a Dad to 2 boys (Zach and Axel).
Get in Touch
- 🐦 Twitter – feel free to shoot me a tweet if you’ve got a short question or message and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. Tweet: @mikestottwp.
- 📧 Email – if it’s a longer message or something you don’t want public you can send me a message via the contact form – I read 100% of emails but only get chance to reply to about 50% of them. If you reply to my weekly newsletter with a specific question the chances I’ll reply are much higher as I like to spend the weekends doing chilled stuff like replying to emails.