Learn to Create, Launch and Scale a Website in just 7 days
WordPress Wannabe is for anyone who wants to create, launch and scale their website without wasting months trying to figure it out on your own.
“I’m taking this course and I can’t believe it’s FREE? I’m waiting for the catch but I can’t find one.” – Ross B
“I’m loving the practical assignments at the end of each day. It makes me put what I’m watching into action” – Chris B
“The 7 day structure is a welcome change. It’s not too overwhelming and lets you see the light at the end of the tunnel” – Jenny W
WordPress Wannabe Agenda
Learn how to get your website started and looking great – in the shortest time possible.
Day 1: The Basics, Site Builder and Host
- Introduction to the course.
- What is WordPress and why you should use it.
- WordPress.org vs WordPress.com.
- What can you use WordPress for (just Blogging, right?) – wrong.
- Exercise – Start a coming soon site.
Day 2: WordPress Admin
- Site title and tagline.
- Posts and Pages.
- Media Library.
- Exercise – Set your title, tagline and important settings.
Day 3: SEO and Socials
- Site Stats.
- Google Analytics.
- Google Search Console.
- Auto-post to Socials.
- Exercise – Set up analytics and search console.
Day 4: Adding Content
- Key pages for your site.
- Your first post.
- Why categories and tag matter.
- Exercise – Create an about page.
Day 5: Gutenberg
- The Block Editor.
- Block Patterns.
- Quick tips.
- Reusable blocks.
- Advanced CSS tricks.
- Exercise – Create your home page.
Day 6: Starting a Following
- Subscription form.
- Exercise – Create a newsletter landing page.
Day 7: Plugins and Themes
- Best starter themes
- Must have plugins
- SEO plugin
- Exercise – Install your first plugin.